Thursday 25 June 2015

Looking Back

Hi All,

During the last few weeks I have been thinking a lot about my artwork. What exactly is 'my' style, what do I go to first, what materials do I favour most? I have been journaling for about 11 years or so now and looking back at old journals I have definitley come a long way. There are things I have moved on from, things I had forgotten about and would like to re-visit but I suppose what is clear is that I am still discovering, exploring and learning. I am still developing myself and I suppose I always will be.

I spend quite a bit of time designing and planning workshops which I love love love! but I have to tailor these to all abilities and the prompts I use have to be suitable for everyone, rather than working specifically on what is going on in my own life.... what I guess i'm saying is, I need to make a promise to myself to find time for my own stuff too. The work I have done lately has been so good for me and I have really been enjoying it and feeling inspired.

here is a page from my old journal that has aspects in that I would like to re-visit, It represents a panic attack.


This is a little darker than my current work but I was going through some stuff.  I did some spill writing then made my own paper from newspapers and junk mail with fibres in it. I then burned a hole in it so that only the two words are visable. It really expresses how I was feeling at the time and that knotted fiery feeling you get from a panic attack. What I like about it is the idea of hiding the journal entry and just showing a key word and I would like to try using handmade paper again. Art journaling can be used so well as a therapy so express your emotions and in doing so overcome them, this one definitely did that for me.

Bye for now :)

No comments: