Monday 8 August 2016

Finished Painting and spot of Bookbinding

Hello All,

Having lots of time off with my kids this summer taking them to various art workshops as well as getting crafty at home. I am feeling really inspired and full of creative beans. The sun is shining, its all family fun and frolics. I can't wait to get back to my various projects whenever I have the chance to.

I was enjoying my latest canvas so much I seemed to finish it rather quickly and so have gone straight into another. Here is the finished piece:


I adore all the yummy colour and texture in this one, particularly the blues and greens which I think I am going to use for the next one.

Apart from painting and the odd bit of art journaling I also had the urge for a spot of bookbinding and started three at once. I have managed to finish this one:


This one is made from an old cereal bar box and brown paper packaging. The cover is painted with acrylic paint and iridescent medium so it is all shimmery. The inside has decorative paper and sketch book paper pages. 

I love making journals! They take time but the end result is so satisfying, turning what is essentially rubbish into something that is both beautiful and useful.

I will get on and make the other two I started now! 

Bye for now! xxx 



No comments: