Wednesday 7 September 2016

Some Upcycled DIY decor

Hello All,

Well my creative frenzy continues and I am definitely into an upcycling crafty sort of phase. This coincides with a bit of reorganisation at home, I keep looking at every shelf and wall and thinking what I can make to improve this space. I went shopping and found in pound shops/charity shops/supermarkets bits and bobs to re-do,do-up and re-vamp as it were. Here is just a selection of what I have been up to:


Again inspired by Sealemon on you tube I took an old plain white mug I had already and had a go at some porcelain painting. It is a bit rough and ready but I quite like that about it and I love the text.


I found a plain cream blanket at the supermarket in the sale and some tea towels that I liked the pattern of. I got home and immediately set about making pom poms which I added to the blanket and I got my sewing machine out and sewed the tea towels into cushions. I love how these turned out, especially the blanket which was so simple to do!


This one has to be my favorite! The cushion here is made of a skirt I found at the charity shop. I liked the pattern but not the skirt itself. I cut off the waist band and cut the material to size before sewing it up and adding the cushion. To finish it off I added some tassels I made from some wool from my stash.

These are just a selection of what I have been up to, I really have the bug at the moment. I am looking at everything and trying to see what else it could be! I hope you like them and maybe are inspired to have a go at some upcycling too!

Bye for now! xxx



No comments: