Tuesday 27 March 2018

Journaling by 5s

Hello All!

Today I thought I would share with you an absolutely fantastic idea called Journaling by 5s. It was invented by an artist called Shannon Green and I came across it whilst watching journaling videos on you tube.

The idea is that you break down a journaling page into 5 stages and each stage is timed (1 minute per stage per page) It is absolutely brilliant for those of you starting out as it makes the process nice an easy but also encourages you to let go, relax and just enjoy the process. For those who aren't beginners it is great way to get many pages done it very little time. I adore that I can be creative and produce full pages even if I only have a few minutes here and there to spare.

The stages are:

1. Background - paint, ink etc
2. Texture - collage, recycled materials
3. Pattern - stamps, stencils
4. Focal point - words, images
5. Details - pen, pencil, doodling

They are so much fun to do and very addictive. Here are a few I have been doing:










You can do these on loose sheets, old packaging, index cards, in journals or on old leaflets. Whatever you fancy really! And why not try adding extra stages of your own! I hope you all have a go! and please go over and check out Shannon Green on You Tube as well!

Bye for now!

xxx

No comments: