Tuesday 5 April 2016

March Art Swap

Hello All,

Apologies for not posting for a while, it has been the Easter hols and have been busy busy busy with the kids at home.

I did manage to get quite a bit of creating done over the holiday and this included the March art swap. I was partnered with the lovely Lyndsay from Truro and the challenge was to create mixed media bookmarks based on our favorite books. Here is what I made:


The first is one of my favorite quotes from Dr Seuss, the second is Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier and the third is Pride and Prejudice. It was difficult to choose my favorites as I do love books but these are ones I have read several times and always come back to when I want a nice read. Lyndsay received them the other day and was very pleased with them.

Here is what she sent me:




Lyndsay chose Pride and Prejudice as well and the other is based on fairy tales. I also got a lovely little bundle of goodies. I really love these, they are full of colour and texture and I especially like the paper beads.

The swap is always good fun, I love getting a surprise parcel each month and trying to create something special for someone else! I look forward to what this month will bring.

Bye for now xxxx

 








No comments: