Thursday 7 April 2016

Time for a spot of art journaling

Hello All,

There is nothing like finding time for some art journaling. Art journaling is something I love, it really helps to get things into perspective. I use it as a diary or just a place to play with my creativity freely.

Here are a few pages from this last week:



This was definitely a page for experimenting. I found a lovely bright pink acrylic paint that I couldn't wait to use and had carved a little handmade tear drop stamp. I also had made some collage pieces earlier in the week and decided to use one to create a little embellishment with a quote I found that seemed to suit the page perfectly.


This one is in my altered book journal and it was the original background image of a girl looking out of the window that decided where the page was going. I was enjoying playing with texture. My mother in law had given me some old torn lace which I wanted to try out and I also used modelling paste through a stencil. I kept adding colour with acrylics, inks sprays and mica pigment powders but it wasn't quite right. My husband liked the stencil pattern and suggested I add the flowers. It worked brilliantly and reflects my mood at the time, which was happy and peaceful. I finished it with the text 'take a look outside' to express my excitement that spring is finally here!

I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed doing them.

Bye for now! xxx


No comments: