Tuesday 19 April 2016

New pieces in progress

Hello All,

I have been feeling a lot chirpier this week, the sun is shining, its by birthday next week and life is good. Busy but good :)

This weekend I started the third little canvas of my commission. I have added the first few layers, trying to tie it in with the patterns and colours of the two I have done so far. Here is where I got to:


I am not entirely happy with the left hand side yet but it is coming along. I have mostly used inks and pigment powders so far. 

I was enjoying the Moroccan pattern so much I decided to start a journal page using the same:


I started with a really vivid pink but then decided to layer it with the copper colour. I really like the shine on it and it feels like something you might find abroad somewhere like Morocco or Tunisia. I am just not sure where to go next with it. I am letting it sit for a while until I decide.

Its a busy week this week and next but I will try and find some time to finish it off. (and work on the canvas)

Bye for now xxx


No comments: