Tuesday 15 March 2016

New art journaling page.

Hello all,

What a busy weekend. It was my nephews 3rd birthday so we all went to the Yorkshire sculpture park for the day. Luckily it seemed to be the first real day of spring and was lovely and sunny. The kids loved running about and I got to see the Bill Viola exhibition I wanted to see. I am not normally bothered by video art or installations but I saw his work many years ago while I was at Uni and it is mesmerising, you can't really explain why but you can't tear your eyes away. This exhibition didn't dissapoint and I really enjoyed it. Particularly the piece in the chapel which showed a blazing fire slowy turn to water and then almost to smoke. I recomend going down to have a look if you can http://www.ysp.co.uk/exhibitions/bill-viola

Also this weekend I managed to make a start on my next large canvas and finish the art journaling page I started last week:



I really fancied putting in a portrait and when I had added her it made me start thinking about what is confidence? Quite often it is a mask for many insecurities. When do we actually feel truly 100% confident?

Anyway bye for now! xxxx

No comments: