Wednesday 4 January 2017

Happy New Year!

Hello All,

Happy new year to you all! I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas/holiday. I have had a fantastic busy Christmas full of family and laughter. It just goes far too quickly, after so much build up it is over in a flash. Now I am back at work :( but the sun is shining and so far the new year has been a good one. I have a few resolutions this year.

1. To try and get more art/workshops done and focus on maybe getting some exhibitions.
2. Build up my you tube channel (although I hate filming myself!)
3. See more of friends and family.
4. To do the splits for the first time ever by the end of the year!

Please leave me a comment telling me what you got up to over the hols or any resolutions you have!

Now for a bit of art, here are few art journaling pages I managed to do over the hols:


This one is in my altered book journal. I was just playing around with texture and mark making and I restricted myself to just a few colours.


This is in my small journal. I really fancied using a collage background and used an old comic torn into pieces
. Many if the images were of ladies in the 50s looking so glamorous and feminine and it got me thinking about myself and how at times I don't feel very lady like at all! I used a copper paint to highlight certain areas.

I also managed to complete two mini mixed media paintings:


These are painted on canvass board and are only A5 size. I plan to frame them. I enjoyed painting these especially with the use of texture and pattern. I used pigment powders and iridescent medium to colour them.

Anyway lunch is over and it's back to work for me. I will be back with more hopefully very soon.

Bye for now! xxx

No comments: