Monday 4 January 2016

Mum's Painting

Hello All!

Happy new year! Hope you all had a fab holiday period. Mine was good but very very hectic. I am feeling an odd mixture of relief that it is all over and sad that it's all back to normal.

I gave my mum a painting for Christmas that I had turned into a wall light by adding battery powered LEDS at the back and a switch on the side. I was a little worried about giving it to her, Art is so subjective, it is always hard to make something like that for someone as a surprise. I know my Mum very well obviously and chose colours I knew she would like but the image was one she would either love or hate...... luckily she loved it! :)


The image is actually taken from a top that didn't fit me anymore. I was going to use it as inspiration for a painting but ran out of time so instead, once the background was complete, I cut the image out of the top and adhered it down. A bit of a cheat I surpose but it worked well.

Here it is lit up.




Now on to 2016! New years resolutions for this year are to give blood, to try new recipes (and be more organised with lunches) and to find more time to run workshops and to be creative. I didn't have a single moment over the hols to do any art but I got some great books about bookbinding and a new stencil so looking forward to experimenting with those. :)
My main resolution however is to make the most out of the time I have with my youngest before she goes to school in September. I am dreading it really cause I don't plan on having any more and it feels like the end of an era. It has gone so quickly it has rushed past me, leaving me grasping at moments to hold on to. I know I have a lot to look forward to once she goes to school too, many happy moments to cherish (as well as precious time to myself) but I will never have those baby years again.

So lets make the most out of 2016 and hope it turns out to be a good one for us all!

Bye for now! xxx

No comments: