Friday 17 July 2015

Altered Book

Hello All,

For a while I have been on the lookout for the perfect book to make an altered book art journal. I knew exactly what I was looking for, I love the 40s and 50s and wanted something from that era with a mix of text and illustration. I was in a charity shop this week when I came across a stash of 50s girls annuals which are perfect. I bought two and as soon as I got home I set about removing half the signatures from one of them. This is to make room for the art work.


The text inside is a mix of articles, stories and comic strips. I love the vintage pictures and language. I even came across an old doilies advert that had been used as a bookmark. The inside front cover says 'Curtain up' With a picture of a stage and the back cover says 'Curtain' which makes a perfect start and end to my journal.


I couldn't wait to get started so I made a start on the first page, I will post up pictures of the finished page soon!

I also made a little index card this week which I was really pleased with.


Bye for now x

No comments: