Monday 1 June 2015

May Art Swap

Hello All!,

I haven't posted for a while as I was away camping with my family and I was waiting until I had confirmation that my swap partner for May, Reeah from South Carolina, had received my piece.

The theme this time was banner/bunting and we had to create 5 flags of standard size, here is what I made!







The poem is by Maya Angelou and inspired the piece really. I chose some little songbirds and painted over them on mixed media backgrounds and added homemade paper flowers and some ribbon and lace.

Here is my response from the lovely Reeah:

From Maria Meade to Lisa Goddard

I received your swap package you sent today and I have to tell you  . . .       I JUST LOVE IT!!!
The birds, the colors, the backgrounds, I could go on and on but suffice to say it is just beautiful Lisa!  I thank you with all my heart. I showed it to my whole family and even my 15 yr old son likes it and he's at that age where he doesn't like anything I show him, LOL!
I will post the pics I took of it tomorrow.  It's late and I'm pooped for today, ha, ha :-)
Oh!  I can't go without telling you that I was just taken back by the hand stitching you did with the ribbon!  I was just blown away with that and the lace on the bottoms!  Just gorgeous.  I already have it hanging on my lace curtain that's on my window right next to where I sit in my Art Room.  The ATC is just beautiful as well.  I love it all and I thank you very much!!!
Big Hugs!!
Reeah.

 I have really enjoyed having Reeah as a swap partner and sending emails to one another, It is a great feeling sending my work across the sea and to have it so appreciated! I have also made a vid of me making these which I will post up in a bit!

No comments: