Friday 4 September 2015

August Art Swap

Hello All!

Last months art swap was to create a shabby chic art journal page. Shabby chic is not my usual style and so this was a definitely a challenge. My partner this time was the lovely Janet from New Hampshire. I decided to start on a old page taken from an old 50's girl annual. It had an image of a woman looking out of the window that I really liked so I went with that as my theme.


I started with modelling paste and scrim tape, adding colour with lindy stamp gang sprays and pearlescent paints.


Here is the final piece I sent to Janet. I enjoyed making it but found the shabby chic hard to get right. I really hope she likes it!

In return I got a lovely parcel from Janet in a beautifully decorated envelope. The piece she made for me is beautiful and she also included some homemade beads and buttons which are gorgeous!


I wonder what this months challenge will bring!

Bye for now! xx

No comments: