Saturday 10 October 2015

Bookbinding

Hello All,

Recently I have been watching a lot of bookbinding vids on you tube. I would like to learn more myself and I have in mind a bookbinding workshop, creating a 'art journal to go' where all the pages will be bound with pre-done backgrounds making it great for travelling.

I found a fab you tube channel called Sealemon with lovely clear tutorials on different stitches and bookbinding ideas. So I decided to follow one of the tutorials and try out coptic stitch using sketch pads for the signatures and the board at the back of the pads for the covers. Here are the results:


This should be a perfect stitch for what I have in mind. I plan to also include my own video tutorials as part of the workshop so watch this space!

Bye for now! xx

No comments: