Tuesday 13 October 2015

Using Paper Towels

Hello All,

The other day I mentioned about making collage papers and patterned paper towels. I thought I would elaborate on the paper towel technique as it is one of my favourites.


This is a page I did in my altered book journal last night using the for-mentioned paper towels. What I tend to do is that whenever I have used a stencil I clean it with a baby wipe on top of a paper towel. It uses the excess paint left on the stencil to create lovely patterns on the paper. Leave them to dry and voilĂ ! lovely for adding to my journals (whilst not wasting a drop of paint!)
When I come to use them I use matt medium to stick the paper towels into my journals, though you could use PVA as well. As soon as you add the medium the paper becomes transparent whilst the pattern remains.

I also stamp on to paper towels and again stick them down using matt medium, which works well too! Both are fab techniques and really easy and effective, so give them a try!

Bye for now! xx

No comments: