Monday 19 October 2015

Weekend Work

Hello All,

This weekend I had loads of time to work on my various projects. I am doing a another stall next month, a local Christmas fair. I have plenty of journals and labels left over from the last stall but I wanted to add something a bit more christmassy so I set about making packs of christmas labels:


I made these using my Gelli plate and some Christmas washi tapes.

The other thing I worked on was my commission which is coming on nicely but still has a way to go, here it is so far:


I also had a friend over who has been going through a rough time and has started coming to my art journaling sessions as a form of therapy to try and help her make sense of things and vent her emotions. It is brilliant for this and I myself use it in this way a lot! She was stuck though, she had started a page and just didn't know where to go next with it. We got out loads of materials and I helped make suggestions and point her in the right direction. She managed to finish her page and was happy with the result:

Susan's page

I really love that about teaching art journaling. It is really relaxing just to sit and play with all the different mediums and at the same time it really helps to get things sorted in your head and process how you are feeling about something. To see that working for the people I teach is wonderful. :)

Bye for now! xx

No comments: