Monday 15 February 2016

Finished piece

Hello All,

I have had a busy half term with the girls going here there and everywhere and so haven't had much time to be creative however I did manage to finish my latest canvas:


It is a very light pallet for me but I wanted to challenge myself in this way. I used pigment powders and mica shimmer powers to get the colour and glass bead texture gel on the circles to achieve the glistening effect. It feels quite spacey to me like a nebula or something. I loved playing with the different textures in this one.

I also did a quick 10 minute sketch this week, over an existing background as practice:


I have been doing so much abstract I felt I needed to do this quick sketch just to keep my hand in. It isn't perfect but not bad for 10 minutes :)

I have been commissioned for a set of three abstract canvasses so moving on to them now plus a commision for a journal. I also need to get a move on and arrange some workshops! Life seems quite hectic at the mo :Z

Bye for now x xx


No comments: