Wednesday 17 February 2016

January Art Swap

Hello All,

Last month I took part in the art swap on Jennibelle's art community  The theme this time was to create an art journal page using a technique or medium that was new to you. I was partnered with Jackie from Denmark. I just had confirmation that she has received it so I can now show you what I sent:


I used the glass bead texture through a stencil (I only bought it in January so it is still very new to me.) then added colour over the top with inks and acrylics. Having found out Jackie loved horses I just had to add a horse and the quote seemed to represent the theme well. 

Jackie sent me:


The coloured background has been done with ecoline liquid water colours which I have been pondering about buying. Looking at this I might well do, they are lovely and vivid. The figures are done in gold leaf which I have never used myself so that might be something to look into as well! 

I have signed up for this months swap which is to make a heart from recyled or reclaimed materials.

Bye for now x x 




No comments: